Thursday, October 29, 2020

Terrorism and my experience

It seems to me that all the present talk about Islamic terrorism in connection with the knife attacks in France is a misnomer. Drawing on my own experiences as an immigrant, albeit from the same civilisation, but a different culture and language,  despairing bewilderment left me  no choice but to commit suicide. I took the lift to the top of a skyscraper intending to jump.  Looking down from a great height, I got scared that I wouldn't die but break my spine and would become a cripple and spend miserable life in a wheelchair.   

The next best thing to suicide is killing somebody.  What saved me from becoming a murderer was that I had been writing poetry since the age of four  which had grown into an ambition to become a great writer.  Learning the language and writing in English was preferable to a miserable life in a wheelchair. 

My guess is that terrorists are mostly simply ignorant immigrants. Knowing nothing of the country whence they come, they assume that the West is the same place, except that there  they can have benefits.  If they are unable to preserve a religion and culture, their only response can be suicide attacks.

1 comment:

Le cordon "bleu" said...

La vie, l'amour et l'art sont sacrés, et ce, peut importe la religion à laquelle on appartient. Et vous le savez mieux que quiconque.